San Francisco, CA
Front-End Developer (Contract)
June 2017 - September 2017
- Senior developer for Anki’s Developer site, bridging the gap between graphical design and technical implementation.
- Researched and recommended new technologies and methodologies to enhance user experience and maintainability.
- Engineered user interfaces for all major browsers and devices and wrote documentation for maintainability by clients as well as other engineers.
San Francisco, CA
August 2013 - January 2017
- Oversaw interactive operations on the redesign of Ancestry’s most visited SEO page.
- Created interactive and dynamic front-end experiences using real data and reusable modules and components while developing on top of complex MVC frameworks.
- Liaison between the Product/UX and Development groups utilizing the latest technologies to build, refine and test numerous UX/UI projects within an agile environment.
- Leveraged multiple prototyping techniques including user scripts, rapid prototyping using UI frameworks, and frontend languages to create prototypes that had production ready code.
- Conducted and participated in code reviews, brown bag presentations and company conferences.
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA
April 2012 – August 2013
- Responsible for creation and delivery of interactive experiences and wordpress sites to USC department clients that were responsive and met accessibility standards.
- Worked directly with clients, project managers and designers throughout the entire project life cycle. Provide guidance on how to meet client needs from a technical perspective and built the site using customizable pages and widgets.
- Implemented numerous third party APIs, including Google Maps, feeds from Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and USC’s event calendar.
June 2010 - March 2012
- Responsible for implementation of promotional advertisements and blue-sky projects for all of Sears's large-scale global sites that touch millions of users.
- Lead homepage developer. Constructed, implemented and managed the homepage via the CMS Alfresco and trained new hires on homepage processes.
- Managed, tracked and collaborated on projects using a variety of tools such as Jira and Basecamp as well as attended Ops Alert calls.
- Troubleshooted and debugged frontend issues across all properties.